Wednesday, August 19, 2009

County Fair - Truck and Tractor Pull







We splurged and went to the fair last Friday. It was half-off day and the kids and parking were free. We paid a total of $9 ($3.50 admission and $1 each for the tractor pull). We saw a bunch of animals, petting zoo, a magic show, illusion show, and Matt's favorite "the truck and tractor pull."
This was our first time going to a tractor pull and I had no idea what to expect. I obviously knew tractors pulled something. Basically these trucks or tractors hook up to a sled that has weight and resistance then it pulls it down a dirt strip. The one who pulls it the quickest and fastest wins. Oh by the way it was loud beyond belief. Probably not the best thing for an Audio Engineer, but you cant get between a man and raw power. I found the tractors more fascinating then the trucks. They let out a ton of smoke and some fire and went up on 2 wheels. We went with a young couple from church who were experienced attenders. Apparently this is common out here in farm country. We ended up leaving early around 9:00pm to get the kids fed and in bed. Overall it was an experience I would repeat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never been to a tractor pull. We'll have to go sometime.=) The boys looks so cute in the pictures. Love you! Love Laura

Anonymous said...

so fun! won't see that in cali huh. miss you mama.

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can phrase that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is even now a suspect as you did in the fall delivery of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=folder lock 4.25 ?
I noticed the axiom you have not used. Or you functioning the black methods of helping of the resource. I have a week and do necheg