Monday, January 7, 2008

LEAD ME AN I WILL FOLLOW

I am at a point in my life where I am seeking the Lord’s direction for me. Many of us have been here. There are a few absolutes. I know that my ministry right now is to my son, and husband, family, and friends. I am so used to having so much responsibility and so many ministries that I almost feel that I need to be doing more. Not that I am not doing anything, anyone who is a stay at home mom knows that we are always busy.

The Lord has not opened many doors but the ones that He has I am excited to go through. Currently right now He has opened the door for me to rejoin the MOPS group and I should be more excited about that.

In my life have always been pretty busy, and seem to like it that way. Sitting still has never worked well for me, and although I do enjoy relaxing, I can’t seem to do it often. I find myself in a new season, a season of self sacrifice and slow down. A season to take long walks and breathe in the air. To have long talks with my sisters and make it to the family Christmas party’s. Rather than preaching or giving pep talks I have learned to listen. To not be so quick to bring a solution and to listen, love, and comfort the weary.

On this day and at this time I have learned to be content. We can get so busy complaining about what we don’t have and how frustrating things can be. But to be at a place where I have peace, serenity, and supernatural strength through the Holy Spirit. It is almost joyful even though it is challenging.

Life can be chaotic, we get so busy, we need to take a moment, and a deep breath and pray:
“Lord thank you for everything you are, help me to be sensitive to your leading and to your Holy Spirit. I really don’t know if you want me more involved, but Lord teach me to enjoy this time of rediscovery. Help me to enjoy the slow down and take time to Listen. To be still, and Know that you are God. Yes the house could be more clean, and I can think of a million things to do, but my desire Lord is to spend time with you. To live this life for you and to never stop. Thank you Jesus for listening to me, for loving me. Even when I don’t deserve it. Keep me focused on things above. Show me what your calling is for me today and every day. I love you Lord and surrender all that I have and all that I am to you. You are my everything, now and forevermore, In Jesus name I pray. Amen”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Sarah, It's so great to see God working in the next generation. What a blessing to share with us all. Just remember GOD IS IN CONTROL! And He is faithful. I keep a check on your blog, even if I don't have time for a comment. Be at Grandpa's 2/6/08 -2/26/08, cruise in the middle, hope to seeyou. Love Aunt Berta

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

I have been in this season many times, am currently there again...just hang in there, keep waiting, watching and listening. He knows...