Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bass Lake Trip!












So it took me a while to post anything sorry about that. We had a great time on our trip to Bass Lake. It was a long drive about 6 hours but it was well worth it. Matt and I did a lot of relaxing, floating, campfires and chasing our little guy everywhere. The water was super warm and we found a nice little cove where Nathan could run around in and out of the water. When we first got there Nathan ran right into the water and went under, I grabbed him up quickly of course and after that he only went in knee deep. I think he realized that he would go under again if he went in deeper. We met a lot of really nice people out there and I was able to fish a little. As you can see I caught little bass fish, we just threw him back into the lake he was a little guy.


Did you notice our Sea Ray boat? We took that out into the water every day with the oars (it is really hard to row that thing I kept going in circles, needless to say Matt was the row master). Nathan wouldn't nap during the day so we put a vest on him and took him out on the "Sea Ray", and he fell asleep every time. It must have been the movement of the waves in the water. At night it is a tradition to scream "ELMER" (about a bear that needs to find it's way home) so we did, and it was so cute Nathan heard us and started saying "ELME, ELME". I haven't been to Bass lake in years so it was nice be back, it was everything I remembered it to be, it was really neat to go there with my kid and family and continue that legacy.

No comments: