Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Hamburger and Bean Pie - Pumpkin Style


OK so it's been awhile since I have posted a cooking adventure. This one actually turned out to be a success, Yahoo!! It was the first time I actually cut an onion, I hate onions for those of you who don't know. So I was proud of myself. Any suggestions on how to cut an onion without making me cry would help

It tasted like a chili pot pie. If you look hard enough you can actually see a pumpkin face as the topping. I got the recipe from my sister Laura (Thanks Laura). If you want to give it a shot here it is

1 lb Ground Beef
1 Can Pork Beans
8oz can of tomato sauce
3 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 brown onion


Cook ground beef with onions until Brown, drain it and stir in pork and beans, tomato sauce and brown sugar. Bring to boil, then pour into Casserole Dish. Role out biscuit dough into circle the size of your dish. Cut out pumpkin face. Bake uncovered 15 - 20 minutes at 375*

No comments: